Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 - Happy New Year

Athlone has been hit badly by the recent floods and now its freezing cold but believe it or not I’m exited
I’m looking forward to the New Year

My New Year resolution is to have a positive attitude for the coming year.

I will not allow myself to be negative in 2010
The government can throw whatever they want at me and I will still keep a smile on my face.
The travails of 2009 have thought me a great lesson. You have to look after yourself and your family and this is what I will be doing. I will build a little bubble around ourselves and we will succeed.
As a nation we have a great opportunity now to stick together. We all know that times are tough, but the simple things in life can get us through

The joy and wonder on a child’s face as they open their Christmas presents.
The support of family and friends.
The sunrise in the morning.
A smile here and a laugh there.

We live in a great country that just needs a little help to get it back up from its knees

There is no harm in looking back to find a way forward. We have been through recessions before and we can come out the other end a little wiser.

I just want to let you know that I am ready, confident and keen to make this the best year ever.
We are all lucky in different ways; sometimes you just need to have it spelled out for you.

So the year had begun. What are you going to make of it? Will you grab it by the scruff of the neck and give it a shake? Or will you sit idly by and allow things to happen around you?
As I said I’m exited. I’m going to smile more at people. I’m going to make an effort to get to know new people; I’m going to learn new skills. I’m going to progress.

It’s all out there for us we just have to go and get it. I know barriers are sometimes placed in our way, but nothing that can’t be overcome.

If anyone sees me being miserable in 2010 you have my permission to issue me with a rebuke.

The New Year is here whether we like it or not, now we just have to go and make the most of it.

Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment